Career Profiles and Employment Projections
Signal and Track Switch Repairers: Career Information
Signal and Track Switch Repairers
What Signal and track switch repairers Do
Install, inspect, test, maintain, or repair electric gate crossings, signals, signal equipment, track switches, section lines, or intercommunications systems within a railroad system.
Signal and track switch repairer Salaries
- 2014 employment: 9,500
- May 2015 median annual wage: $63,840
Job Outlook for Signal and track switch repairers
Projected employment change, 2014–24:
- Number of new jobs: 0
- Growth rate: 0 percent (Little or no change)
How to Become a Signal and track switch repairer
Education and training:
- Typical entry-level education: High school diploma or equivalent
- Work experience in a related occupation: None
- Typical on-the-job training: Moderate-term on-the-job training
Get the education you need: Find schools near you!
*Some content used by permission of the Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor.