Career Profiles and Employment Projections
Crossing Guards: Jobs, Career, Salary and Education Information
What Crossing guards Do
Guide or control vehicular or pedestrian traffic at such places as streets, schools, railroad crossings, or construction sites.
Crossing guard Salaries
- 2014 employment: 69,800
- May 2015 median annual wage: $25,100
Job Outlook for Crossing guards
Projected employment change, 2014–24:
- Number of new jobs: 4,500
- Growth rate: 6 percent (As fast as average)
How to Become a Crossing guard
Education and training:
- Typical entry-level education: No formal educational credential
- Work experience in a related occupation: None
- Typical on-the-job training: Short-term on-the-job training
Get the education you need: Find schools near you!
*Some content used by permission of the Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor.